Jun 6, 2007

ThunderCats? NOOO!!!!

Before Transformers comes out and flops, Warner Bros is making a live-action ThunderCats Movie.

Is nothing sacred?

This kind of thing has been tried before, and I don't mean the Super Mario Bros Movie. It was something even more horrid: Masters of the Universe.

Masters of the Universe was based on the cartoon, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. As if it wasn't bad enough I had already wasted my allowance on the He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword, theatrical release which was later shown on tv for free. Allowance that could've been spent on comic books. Comic books that appreciate in value and could have paid for my law school tuition! They had to rub salt in the wound and waste even more of my money with Masters of the Universe.

For those who didn't see any of the movies, I can sum the bastardization up with a brief comparison. The He-Man cartoon had a funny imp called Orko:

The Masters of the Universe movie had Gwildor: who looks like he contracted some intergalactic venereal disease:


I shudder to think about what they're going to do with Cheetara.

No comments:

Add to Google
Google